Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dont hide the truth from me!



During my work I hear lots of excuses from owners on why their businesses have got into their parlous state before they decided to give me a call.
Did you know only 6% of Small Businesses call on professional help and advice?
I will ignore the excuses because all they do is mask the problems and give me false information – if I ask a company why anyone should buy your products or services from you and more importantly why does anybody buy your products or services? You would be amazed at the answers! in short most business just don’t know. When I ask the question “are you any good at what you do?” they are really sure on that one but just don’t feel confident enough to tell anyone about it. So to sum up companies are really good at what they do but they have no real idea of why anyone should or actually does deal with them. To be successful it’s important to know why.
My theory on the difference between women business owners and men business owners (it's fair to state that 90% of my clients are women) is explained as follows. Men will look at a problem and say what has gone wrong?– women on the other hand will look at the problem and say what did I do wrong to make that happen? The answer never easy but questioning your performance is a good way to get a grip on what is going wrong in your company.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is very good information.i think it's useful advice. really nice blog. keep it up!!!

professional life coaching